West Coast College is a Technical Vocational Education and Training College (TVET) with campuses located in Atlantis, Citrusdal, Malmesbury, Vredenburg, and Vredendal. Prior to 2002, these campuses were all separate institutions. The merger into West Coast College has afforded significant improvements to all campuses, and the College continues to grow to meet the needs of modern South African students.
Students at West Coast College have access to many programmes of study ranging from National Certificate Vocational programs to Trimester and Semester programs and a B-ED Foundation Phase for students who wish to continue their higher education.
Programmes of study include:
- Education and Development
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Office Administration
- Primary Health
- Engineering & Related Design
- Electrical Studies
- Engineering Studies
- Hospitality and Catering Services
- Human Resource Management
- Public Management
How to Apply to West Coast College
Prospective students of West Coast College can complete their application online by visiting the West Coast College website. There, they can review the various programmes of study available and decide which one is best for them. Having decided which course of studies to pursue, visit the West Coast College website and complete the online application. The friendly application system will help guide you through the process of entering the necessary data to complete your application forms.
Students will need to submit several corresponding documents along with their applications. Kindly note, you must include two copies of each document to the university, and all must be originally certified and not copies of certified documents. The necessary documents include.
- Certified copy of your National ID or a certified copy of your unabridged birth certificate.
- Certified copies of the National ID or identity documents of your household members, including parents or legal guardians.
- Certified copies of your latest exam results or academic records.
- Certified copies of official copies of recent pay stubs, letters of employment, and any other income-related documents. West Coast College must thoroughly examine your finances to evaluate your eligibility for assistance or aid.
- If your parents or guardian have retired, a copy of their pension slip or a bank statement showing pension deposits.
- If your parents are deceased or divorced, provide certified copies of the divorce decree or death certificates.
Applicants who wish to enrol in classes at the beginning of the calendar year must have all applications and supporting documents completed by 30 November of the preceding year. 2022 enrollees must have their applications and documents submitted by 30 November 2021.
West Coast College intends to support its students in every necessary way. The College’s Career Guidance Programme can consult with you to help you determine which academic or vocational field is most suitable for you, based on your interests, background, and abilities. Students may complete literacy and numeracy assessments to help place them in programmes offering the highest likelihood of success and a successful career after College.
Students experiencing life stresses or dealing with various crises, such as hunger, abuse, financial struggles, or any challenging circumstances in their life, may contact student support to ask for help. The College views helping students as paramount to their success.
Student Support also performs the traditional functions of helping students who need assistance with learning by aiding them with studying skills, exam preparation, and time management.
Students who have completed their education at West Coast College will enjoy access to programmes and workshops specifically aimed at securing employment. West Coast College hosts workshops to aid students with tasks such as:
- Resume writing
- How to write cover letters
- Preparing for job interviews
- Completing job applications
Support with these tasks equips students with the skills they need to successfully compete for jobs in the economy of today and the economy of tomorrow.