Thekwini TVET College is a higher institution in South Africa that seeks ways to enable its students by opening doors to their future. It focuses on ways to empower students with the appropriate skills, training, theoretical knowledge, and practical experience they need to thrive in the South African economy. Thekwini College provides relevant information of high quality to students studying any of the available courses.
The college has six campuses in each of the following areas: Springfield, Melbourne, Asherville, Umbilo, Cato Manor, and Skills Development Center.
Being an institution that promotes respect for all and sundry, Thekwini College encourages both students and employees alike to show one another respect irrespective of gender, age, social standing, religious beliefs, political affiliation, or other constraints. Additionally, the college encourages effective communication between members of staff and students to build profitable networks that will improve their academics and make life better at Thekwini college.
To improve its teaching and learning output, Thekwini College is in partnership with acclaimed local and international bodies with a reputation for detailed and excellent technological training.
Requirements for Thekwini College Application
- An email address. Create an email address if you do not have one using either Yahoo, Outlook, Gmail, or any reliable emailing platform.
- Register for the National Benchmark Test (NBT).
- If you are a South African National, provide your ID number. Provide your passport number if you are a foreign applicant.
- Present your birth certificate.
- The original or true certified copy of your ID card. If you do not have an identification document, present proof that you have applied for it.
- Certified copy of your guardian/parent ID card.
- Your most recent academic results.
- All your certificates and qualifications as far back as you can remember.
- Account statements that are not more than 3 months old.
- Municipal billing document that is dated at most 3 months back.
- Pay the required amount as an application fee.
All certified copies of your documents should not be more than 3 months old.
In addition to the above requirements, international applicants ought to submit:
- SAQA Foreign Qualification Evaluation. Visit the website at www.saqa.org.za to know how to go about it.
- A study permit for their period of study at Thekwini College.
- A passport
Application process into Thekwini College
- Visit the official Thekwini College website at www.thekwinicollege.co.za
- Check the requirements specific to the faculty you will like to apply to.
- Fill in all the requirements on the application form as prompted.
- Upload all the required documents as listed above in the section for requirements.
- If you plan on living on Thekwini College property, indicate on your application form.
How to Apply manually/offline at Thekwini TVET College
- You will need an email address.
- Collect an application form at the campus in which you wish to attend
- Fill in the application form in full.
- Scan supporting documents and attach them to the application form
- Return the application form to the campus in which you wish to attend/ where the course is being offered
Thekwini College encourages South African students from low-income households to apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme. If they are accepted, the NSFAS will find their accommodation, fees, tuition, and even transportation to make their lives more comfortable. However, international students are not eligible to apply for NSFAS respective on their household income.
- Generally, undergraduate students can apply both offline and online. While postgraduate students can only apply online. However, it is better to submit an online application for health and safety reasons. Remember that the country is still at war with coronavirus.
- Do well to submit your application before the last date because Thekwini College does not accept applications after the closing date.
At Thekwini college, students can apply for bursaries. After which the Thekwini TVET College Bursary Committee will carefully consider whether or not the applicant qualifies for a bursary. The points for consideration include the student’s financial need and academic performance.
Registration into Thekwini College
In addition to the aforementioned documents, students require the following to register.
- A placement letter
- Students who qualify for a bursary ought to have a bursary acceptance letter as proof.
- Students who do not qualify for a bursary must complete and sign a student fee contract. This contract can be signed by whoever is responsible for the student’s fees.
- Students who do not qualify for a bursary have to deposit a mandatory R 150.
- Provide proof of payment.
Courses Thekwini College Offers
Thekwini College offers the following courses for undergraduate, diploma, and certification students under different faculties:
Faculty of Business N4-N6
- Public relations
- Business management
- Public Management
- Human resource management
- Financial management
Faculty of Engineering N1-N6
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Social auxiliary worker
- Clearing and forwarding
- Office administration
If you have any inquiries, reach out to Thekwini College through one of the following;
Telephone:(031) 250 8400
Address:262 Daintree Avenue Asherville 4091
After successfully applying and registering for your courses, check the college website every so often for updates regarding the resumption date and any other necessary information.
How To Check Application Status At Thekwini TVET College
To check your application status at Thekwini TVET college is very easy. The only things you will need are a smartphone and an internet connection. If you have those two things, you are good to go. You will have to log in to the Thekwini TVET College student portal; once you are there, you will be required to enter your login details: your student number, surname, and birth date. The student number will be sent to you by email or SMS once you have sent your application has been acknowledged by the college. After entering those details, you can see whether you have been accepted or not.