Overview of the South African College of Applied Psychology
The South African College of Applied Psychology opened its doors to students in 1997. It offers various accredited Applied Psychology programs from its campuses. These campuses are Durban, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Pretoria. Students can also choose to study their courses through their online platform. SACAP seeks to develop students academically and bring practical skills to their knowledge. This is done by intentionally focusing on each individual to give them as much knowledge as possible. SACAP, according to its website, is mostly concerned about imparting knowledge that will ensure the success of students after they complete their studies. It is their mandate to provide a “positive impact through transformation” through qualified and experienced teachers. Their curriculum can be described as rigorous, with a sturdy prominence being placed on the capacity to apply knowledge and learned skills in the employment sector.
SACAP offers a diverse range of courses that range from Higher Certificates to diplomas and undergraduates to postgraduate. You can follow the links further below to get more information on specific courses in each faculty.
- Faculty of Applied Psychology
- Faculty of Management & Leadership
- SACAP requires prospective students to have achieved at least 45% in English to be considered for a National Senior Certificate course. It should be noted that all courses have exact and varying admission requirements. Before initiating the application process, ensure you have the following documents ready:
- Copy of ID or Passport (If foreigner)
- Previous academic certificates, especially the latest. Foreign applicants will need to verify their educational certificates with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). You can get more information on the SAQA website HERE.
- You will also need to provide your proof of residence. This can be any utility bill or bank statement with your address. You can also get an affidavit confirming your address if, for some reason, these are difficult to get.
- Proof of payment is also required. R300 application fee or R600 if applying for Bachelor of Psychology. SACAP’s banking information, as cited from their website, is:
SACAP BANKING DETAILS SACAP PTY LTD ABSA Bank Wynberg, Branch Code: 632005 Cheque account number: 405-882-4959 Reference: Student Number or Name & Surname
NB: All these documents must be certified by a Commissioner of Oath.
According to its website, SACAP does not offer bursaries to applicants. This is because it is a private institution without any governmental assistance directed to it. However, applicants can still seek private student loans and bursaries from other organizations to apply at SACAP.
SACAP has three intakes each year, meaning prospective students can commence their studies in any term. These three intakes are February, May and September. Students are encouraged to register as quickly as possible to avoid disappointment. SACAP gets numerous applications, and not everyone will be accepted despite meeting the requisite qualifications. A note on their website also states that not all courses are available each term. Students will need to determine when they can start their studies for their chosen course.
Firstly, students can initiate the application process by clicking on this link.
You will need to have the above mentioned supporting documents whether you are a South African national or a foreigner. After filling out the information, you can click on the “Submit” button.
Do not forget to upload all the required documents because applications will not be processed if anything is missing. In the same vein, you are also required to attach your proof of payment at the same time.
Alternatively, prospective students can download and print the form. You can use a black pen to fill out the form and submit it with all your documents to email@example.com.
Suppose you still have some questions with regards to the application process. In that case, you can book a telephonic or Zoom consultation with one of their representatives HERE.