Located in Pretoria, South Africa, Tshwane South College is a public institution of higher education that labels itself as a Technical and Vocational Education and Training College. Formed in 2001 following the mergers of three Technical Colleges – Atteridgeville, Pretoria West, and Centurion – Tshwane South College gained its fourth campus, the Odi Campus, in 2004.
Priding itself on aiding its students in “achieving the future,” they outline their fundamental mandate as equipping South Africa’s younger generations with the skills needed to contribute to 1) “the eradication of inequality; poverty, and unemployment of the peoples of South Africa,” and 2) “the economic growth initiatives of the country.”
To give prospective students a better understanding of the values of excellence, fairness, trust, respect, and integrity held at Tshwane South College, here is their vision statement taken from their website: “To be a world-class further education and training college.” Further, this is their mission statement: “Tshwane South College empowers learners through high-quality vocational education and training.”
If you are a prospective student of Tshwane South College, continue reading ahead to learn of vital information regarding the application process, such as requirements and application dates, as well as how to check your online application status and the courses that they offer.
How to Apply to TSC
First, let’s dive into how to submit your application. For offline/hard-copy applications, Tshwane South College asks its prospective students to pick up the application form from one of their offices. Unsure where these are located? Let us tell you! Here are the various addresses:
85 Francis Baard (formerly known as Schoeman Street)
PO Box 151, Pretoria 0001
· Tel: 012 401 5000
· E-mail for general enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Khoza Street
· Tel: 012 373-1200
· Fax: 012 373 8032
· E-mail: email@example.com
· Tel: 012 660-8500
· Fax: 012 664-8358
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Molefe Makinta Highway (Formerly known as Lucas Mangope Highway)
Opposite Morula Sun Casino
Stand No. 5218
· Tel: (012) 725 – 1800
· Fax: (012) 702-5752 / (012) 702-3387
· Email: email@example.com
Pretoria West Campus
150 Industrial Street,
· Tel (012) 380-5000
· Fax: (012) 386-1245
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After picking up your application form from one of these four offices, you simply need to fill it out with accurate and true information, as well as attach certified copies of the supporting documents that are asked of you.
Now, let’s go over the process of submitting online applications:
- First, access their Student Portal through their website, http://tsc.edu.za/Eclipse/Default.asp?Page=1, or by going directly to https://tscportal.coltech.co.za/
- If you do not have an account, you will need to make one. The portal will give you instructions on how to do this, so simply follow along
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to submit an online application – just make sure to double-check the information you are filling in
- Ensure that you have attached certified copies of the supporting documents
- We recommend checking over your application one last time before ‘Submit Application.’
And that’s all!
Please note: You will be required to have a valid email address that you can access, as this is where you will receive any further communications from the College.
Next, let’s get into what Tshwane South College requires its students to fulfil in order to apply, such as what types of supporting documents you will need to provide.
For a smooth application process to Tshwane South College, all prospective students should ensure that they fulfil the following requirements. While you do not need to write the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs), you will need to provide the following information as supporting documents:
If you are a South African student…
- ID Document or Birth certificate
- Most recent academic results or your transcript
- Any certificates or qualifications that you may have
- Your municipal billing document or account statement – this must not be older than three months
If you are an International student…
- A study permit which will be valid for the duration of your study period
- SAQA foreign qualifications evaluations
- A valid passport
Make sure to attach certified copies which are legible and clear. These will most likely need to be uploaded as JPEGs or PDF files. The application page will explicitly state how these need to be uploaded, so ensure you read all of the provided information thoroughly and carefully.
Now, let’s go over some important information regarding application dates that all prospective students will want to know.
Application and/or Registration Dates:
Applications are open at different times throughout the year, depending on the course you want to study. In order to ensure that your application to Tshwane South College will be successfully considered, keep the following information in mind:
- Tshwane South College does not accept late applications.
- However, certain courses accept applications year-round as you are able to begin the course at the start of each term.
- If this is the case, you will be able to find this information from the college’s official website, www.tsc.edu.za
- It is recommended that you submit your application as soon as possible to ensure there are no delays or hiccups with the processing of your application.
Next, we will give you information regarding the online application status and how you can track this as a prospective student.
Online Application Status:
Suppose you have submitted your application to Tshwane South College using the online application method. In that case, you will be able to track its status online, as well. This means there will no longer be so much uncertainty or anxiety surrounding your application. We know this is something all students need less of – so fret not, prospective students! If you have submitted an online application, follow these quick and easy steps to learn how to check and track your online application and its status:
- Visit the Tshwane South College student portal from www.tsc.edu.za or www.tscportal.coltech.co.za, which will take you directly to the portal.
- Sign in using your CAO Number – unsure how to get one? All you have to do is go to www.cao.ac.za and create an account, and the CAO Number will be sent to the email address that you provide. Alternatively, you can use your ID Document or Passport number.
- To sign it, ensure you have hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now, once you are logged in to the Student Portal, you will be able to check your application status and track where it is in the process of its registration.
Super easy, wasn’t it? The process is designed to be simple, with user-friendly navigation as the goal. So, make sure you take advantage of this feature!
Lastly, let us tell you all about the various courses offered by Tshwane South College.
With a variety of courses and disciplines to choose from, Tshwane South College has something for all prospective students. To see in which subjects you will thrive and learn the skills you will need for your future career, continue reading ahead.
National Certificate (Vocational):
- Office Administration
- Finance, Economics, & Accounting
- Civil Engineering & Building Construction
- Engineering & Related Design
- Electrical Infrastructure & Construction
- Information Technology
191 Nated Courses:
- Business Management
- Management Assistant
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Utility Services
- Early Childhood Development
- Clothing Production Skills
- Hospitality & Catering Services
- Practical Skills Training
- Practical Workshops
- Short Courses
Tshwane South College is an institution of higher education that values excellence, integrity, fairness, respect, and trust – and as such, these are things that are seen in all that they do, from the administration of courses to the way the student life is facilitated – and don’t underestimate the ways in which the professors, faculty, and staff will interact with students. They are fully equipped to teach you and all students in ways that are guaranteed to translate proper education and skills that will aid you in your future successes, be it personal, academic, and professional.
Tshwane South College is carefully developed and designed to facilitate an environment in which all students, both prospective and current, will be able to flourish and grow. As such, you will learn all the skills needed in order to thrive in your future career and all other endeavours. Prospective students should enter their studies knowing that they will be supported each step of the way, contributing to not only their own advancement but the advancements of South African communities and society as a whole.
We wish you luck in your future studies and are confident in Tshwane South College’s capabilities to educate you in ways you will see as more than sufficient. Here, they are not only going above and beyond but are surely aiding you in “achieving your future.”
Good luck with your applications!