South West Gauteng TVET College offers opportunities to Grade 10-12 learners and those looking to further their education or progress their careers. Education is essential, and understanding the process of applying to colleges can be challenging at times. Below is a step-by-step guide to applying to SWGC, as well as other important information.
Step 1: Select your preferred program of study
- The application forms can be collected from any SWGC campus or online via the website at www.swgc.co.za
- You can also go to the campus catalogue and choose the subject you would like to study for.
- Please note that late applications will be considered, and application due dates are made available on the website.
Step 2: Application forms
- Written application forms need to be completed using a black pen, and writing needs to be clear. You will need to sign your application; please note this a significant step as applications that aren’t signed are not processed.
- An important note is that an application form is not a registration form, as registration forms will be made available only to successful applicants.
- Any incomplete application form will result in a delay with the processing procedure.
- To submit online, click on the link http://www.swgc.co.za/online-applications/
Step 3: Supporting documentation
- All applications require supporting documents are to be submitted to the college.
- A completed application should consist of a certified copy of the latest results or qualification, a certified copy of the identity document, as well as an attached medical statement from a registered doctor stating if you have any disability or an ongoing medical condition that will require special assistance from the college.
- As noted before, the college will not consider your application if all required supporting documents are not attached to the application form.
Step 4: Application fee
Please note there is no application fee.
Step 5: Submitting the application
- All completed application forms will need to be sent to any of the South West Gauteng College sites.
Please ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for the programme you are applying for; however, this doesn’t guarantee your admission.
An applicant who applies online may not also apply on a paper-based application, one application per person.
Every applicant must have a valid email or mobile number to apply at the college, as all communication will be sent via email or SMS regarding your application.
Please note a CAP test will be required; this test will inform and help students on a variety of career, these tests will be done on the campus.
This is only offered at the Technical Campus, and application for this is open throughout the year. Completed applications must have the following documents attached.
Certified copy of your identity document.
Certified copy of your latest results or qualification.
NB: Early enrollment is vital in ensuring that you aren’t left disappointed.