Applying to the College of Cape Town requires several steps and requirements. In this article, we’ll discuss the College of Cape Town application process in five simple steps, and you’ll learn more about the specific College of Cape Town requirements for each course.
The College of Cape Town In Short
The College of Cape Town was founded in 1900 and is one of the oldest TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) Colleges in South Africa. The College is situated in the Western Cape and focuses on students based in the Northern and Southern Suburbs.
The College offers various courses that include Design, Beauty Therapy, Engineering, Business Studies, Educational Training, Hospitality Services, Tourism, and Information Technology.
The College Has Eight Campuses Located in the Western Cape Area.
- Athlone Campus
- Crawford Campus
- Garden Campus
- Gugulethu Campus
- Pinelands Campus
- Thornton Campus
- Wynberg Campus
- Central Office
The College of Cape Town Application Process in Five Easy Steps
Before You Can Begin the Online Application, Make Sure That You Have the Following
- Email address and mobile number
- ID document
Step One: Certify and Scan Documents
To apply to the College of Cape Town, you need to upload certified copies of personal documents. You can certify your records by visiting a police station near you. Scan these documents and ensure that the content is visible. If you have an ID card, scan both sides. The certified copies shouldn’t be older than three months.
Here Is a List of the Documents That You’ll Need
- Copy of your Identification document or card
- Copy of your National Senior Certificate or highest qualification obtained
- Proof of residential address (Bank statement, Municipal councillor’s letter, etc.)
Step Two: Select Your Course from the College of Cape Town Official Website
- Click on Programmes
- Choose a qualification
- Read more about the course requirements and which campus presents the particular course.
College of Cape Town Courses: Primary and Secondary
To be accepted for a specific course, you need to meet the College of Cape Town requirements. Some courses only have limited space available. You can choose to add a second course to your application if your primary choice application is unsuccessful.
When Choosing Your Primary and Secondary Course, You Need to Provide the Following
You Can Select Options from a Drop-Down List.
- Programme Type
- Programme (Faculty)
- Selected Course
Step Three: Open the College of Cape Town Application Portal
➢ Here you will find an online application form.
➢ You don’t need to fill out the administrative section.
There’s no application fee, but make sure to upload all the necessary documents mentioned above. The College of Cape Town will not process your application if the documents are outstanding or not certified.
Step Four: Complete the Electronic Application Form
The Application Form Requires the Following Information
- Primary and Secondary Courses
- Name and Surname
- Marital Status
- Home Language/s
- Occupation Status
- Nationality and Funding
- Physical Address
- Phone and email Details
- Next of Kin Contact Details
Step Five: Confirm Your Information and Send in Your Application
Once you have completed the application by uploading the supporting documents and selecting your primary and secondary courses, read through your information and make sure that everything is correct and truthful.
➢ Click on ‘Submit Application
Once your application has been received, you’ll receive a confirmation email or SMS.
College of Cape Town Requirements and Fees
The College of Cape Town offers various qualifications that range from national certificates to diplomas to degrees. Each programme comes with a minimum requirement. We suggest that you only apply to courses if you meet the minimum standards.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor Degree
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- minimum of 30% for languages,
- Some courses may require specific NSC subjects: Mathematics, English, Accounting
- 50% or more in four NSC 20-credit subjects
Minimum Requirements: Diploma
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- minimum of 30% for languages
- 40% or more in four recognised NSC 20-credit subjects
Here’s a List of the NSC Subjects (20 Credits)
- Agricultural Sciences
- Business Studies
- Consumer Studies
- Dramatic Arts
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Literacy
- Physical Sciences
- Religion Studies
- Visual Arts
- N1: Minimum of Grade 11
- N2: N1 or equivalent with required subjects
- N3: N2 or equivalent with required subjects
- N4: Grade 12 (with related subjects) or an N3 Certificate
- N5: N4 Certificate, required subjects
- N6: N5 Certificate or equivalent qualification
College of Cape Town Courses
➢ Select a course from the list below
➢ Choose admissions requirements on the course overview section
➢ To view the College of Cape Town Fees, scroll down on the selected course, and download the Fees PDF
Art and Design
- N4 – N6 Art and Design
- Graphic Design/ Processes
- National Certificate Hairdressing L2, L3, and L4
- ITEC Diploma Level 2, 3, and 5
Building and Civil
- N1 – N3 Building and Civil Engineering
- N4 – N6 Building and Civil Engineering
- NC(V) Building and Civil Engineering
- Furniture Making L2
- Furniture Making L3
- Autocad 2D (Part-Time)
- Autocad Revit (Part-Time)
- N4 – N6 Business Management
- N4 – N6 Financial Management
- N4 – N6 Management Assistant
- N4 – N6 HR Management
Education and Training
- Degree: Foundation Phase
- N4 – N6 Educare
- NC(V) Education and Development
- NC(V) Primary Health
- N1 – N3 Electrical Engineering
- N4 – N6 Electrical Engineering
- NC(V) Electrical Engineering Studies
- Occupational Skills Courses
- N4 – N6 Hospitality and Catering
- NC(V) Hospitality Studies
- N1 – N3 Mechanical Engineering
- N4 – N6 Mechanical Engineering
- NC(V) Engineering and Related Design
- IT Specialist
- Microsoft IT Academy
- NC(V) Computer Science
- Part-Time Courses
Travel and Tourism
- N4 – N6 Tourism
- NC(V) Tourism Level
We Want to Remind You of the Following Critical Factors to Remember When Applying to the College of Cape Town
- You must meet the minimum College of Cape Town requirements before applying for a specific course.
- You must read and understand what the College of Cape Town courses entail.
- Although you don’t have to pay an application fee, you’ll need to provide the College with proof of funds or a funder.
- You must send in the supporting documents before the College processes your application.