WBS Online Application Procedure
You are encouraged to submit your application online, however, should you experience technical difficulties in doing so, you are encouraged to download an application form at https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/choosedownloads and have it submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre (by hand or registered mail) for processing.
- Step 1 – Click on the link above and select the relevant option. This will enable you to create a profile and password to continue with an online application. Please ensure you use your current e-mail address and current cell number as you will receive numerous e-mails and SMS’s to confirm your password whilst and after you have applied.
- Step 2 – Once your password has been created and you have confirmed your e-mail address you will be directed to the applications portal to start completing your application, a series of details are required (contact details, your employment information, your academic qualifications). Once you have entered all this information the last step would be to submit the application.
- Step 3 – At the time you submit the application an e-mail confirmation will be generated to you as confirmation the application has been officially submitted.
- Step 4 – You will need to upload your academic qualifications and any other additional documents required of you through the Student Self service Portal at https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Step 5 – Once the application is submitted and all the required documents uploaded, the application is then complete and the School can evaluate your application accordingly.
International applicants – Please Note:If you are an international applicant with Foreign Qualifications or a South African citizen who has studied at a Foreign Institution, please be reminded that the University will require you to have these evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA ) before your application would be deemed as completed to be evaluated.
WBS Manual Application Procedure
Should you prefer to make a manual application you may download the application form and submit to our offices by hand or postal service. No faxed or e-mailed applications are acceptable.
Application forms must be posted or couriered to :
Student Enrolment Centre
Solomon Mahlangu (Senate) House – Ground Floor
University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Avenue
Application fee payment details: Payment of the application fee, use the following banking details:
Standard Bank, Braamfontein Branch
Branch code: 004805
Account number: 200 346 385
SWIFT Code SBZAZAJJ